Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New cutting board

I sent my personal shopper on an expedition today to find the biggest cutting board she could find.  And find one, she did.  It's big, and I love it.  My dear mother had only a very small board on which to chop veggies, olives (for cream cheese and olive sandwiches), etc., and I was given a very nice cutting board when I was married.  Then, several years later, we were told that wood was not a good thing to make a cutting board from and they came out with those mottled plastic numbers that ruin knives.  I have one of those, but I rarely use it.  Anyway, I got rid of the wonderful board I had for many years, and from which we never died of salmonella or any other harmful bacteria.

So now, I have a new board and I can't wait to use it.  I shall put away the mottled plastic board forever, I think, although it is light weight, and might be good to keep around for a while.  And I shall get rid of my small wood board which is almost broken in half, but which I wash every day and bleach often, thus causing it, I'm sure, to have had such a short life span.

Tonight for dinner, I think I'll make -- oh, no, that's right, I have to go to Bible study/prayer group tonight, so we're having Digiorno pepperoni pizza.  I'll get to use the board when I cut the pizza!  Then it will be christened and I can use it for as long as I am able to use a cutting board.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment