Friday, September 11, 2009

Another yummy broccoli dish

This is a made-up -- or from scratch -- type dish. 

All you need is a casserole dish and the following ingredients:

broccoli (I'm using 1/3 of a large bag of frozen broccoli, barely cooked and drained)
two chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
two cans of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup rice
Swiss cheese

Put all ingredients into a casserole dish, stir to mix, and top with the cheese to cover the dish.  Put in 350-degree oven for 1-1/2 hours.  Test to see if the rice has cooked (I sometimes have trouble getting the rice to be soft rather than crunchy (yuck).  If the rice is cooked, then the dish is ready to eat. 

As for me:  after I take it out of the oven, I grate some fresh parmesan cheese over the top of the already cheese-topped dish.  It just adds a little spice to the dish.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment