Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bowtie pasta with cheese and tomatoes

This is not a Runnemede recipe, but I think because of the things my mom taught me about cooking, I was able to make this up on the fly one day when I was out of a lot of items that I needed to make something more elaborate. I made this for one of our community pot-luck suppers. I came home with an empty bowl.

This recipe is for two people, if you're making it for a crowd, use one pound of the pasta.

Ingredients:

Bow Tie pasta -- about two cups raw. Put in boiling, salted water and cook until done according to your taste (soft or hard).
1 package of grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes. Cut these into halves or quarters.
1 small onion chopped (or 1 shallot)
1 package (4 oz) of Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil (if you use it from the jar, use one TBLSPN)
1/4 cup pine nuts (this can be eliminated if you don't keep these in your fridge)
1/2 cup chopped Greek olives
2 Tblspns olive oil (EVOO)

Drain pasta and run cold water over it, so that it cools slightly.
Then mix all the other ingredients with the pasta and enjoy.

Sometimes I add one clove of garlic finely chopped, but not always.

I hope you like this. We have this as a dinner dish from time to time and Alan loves it.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment