Monday, July 6, 2009

Broccoli lovers recipe No. 1

This is just a way to make broccoli more fancy that I learned from a friend of mine back when I was in my late 20s. I've been serving it to my husband, and my children, and even guests, every since. And, it's so simple. And, it tastes really good.

What you need:

I package of frozen broccoli -- whatever kind you want cut-up or whole pieces (Size of package depends on how many people you are serving, of course)
1/4 cup mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellmann's)

Cook the broccoli according to package directions. I usually nuke the package as is -- slitted so that it doesn't explode -- for 7 minutes
Put the cooked broccoli in a bowl, remember to add salt to taste. Then add the mustard and mayo and stir until all is mixed.

I tell you, this is really good. You can, of course, increase the amount of mayo if you want. Try it, you'll like it. I think even broccoli haters would like this one.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment