Monday, July 6, 2009

Broccoli dish No. 2

This is a main dish, that I learned to make from the same friend that taught me how to make Dish No. 1.

We (the family) were visiting her and her husband for a few days and their garden was growing lots of broccoli and it was ready to eat. So, naturally, we ate lots of broccoli that week. She is a really good cook, and every dish she made was super delicious. Even the one broccoli disliker in our family ate the dishes. Notice I said disliker not hater because Alan dislikes broccoli, but he doesn't hate it, and he will eat it.

What you need.

1 chicken whole or cut up
1 package rice-a-roni -- chicken flavored
1 small package frozen broccoli
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

Boil the chicken to cook it. After it's cooked pull the meat from the bones and put in a bowl.
Cook the Rice-a-roni according to package directions. Set aside.
Cook the broccoli according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Remember to salt it.
After all the components are cooked you are ready to assemble.

Put together chicken pieces, rice, broccoli, sour cream and cheddar cheese. Stir to mix. Put this mixture into an oven dish -- I use a 9x12 baking dish. Sprinkle a little bit of cheddar on top of the casserole. Put in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degreees.

When it is bubbling, it's ready.

And it's really, really good. For all your broccoli haters out there, this dish disguises the broccoli so you can eat it and get all the good nutrients that broccoli provides.

ttfn

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds good- maybe if I process the broccoli small, the haters will not notice it...
    Hey, I never promised I'd quit doing that! I'll come clean- in a few years... after they're hooked! muwhahahahaha!!!
    No, seriously, I'm more neutral in this war. I don't think I'd wear a shirt that said "I heart broccoli" or one that said I hated it.
    Lori's running one heck of a campaign... :-)
    LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete