Monday, August 10, 2009

Corn on the cob

Several weeks ago I got out my "corn" pot. And I was using it regularly. The clean up was a hassle though. It's so big it barely fits in my sink and I have to use the spray attachment to get the inside rinsed out properly.

Then I got to thinking. Duh! Why do I have that pot out -- it was sitting on my stove for weeks because I didn't want to put it away and have to dig it out every time I wanted fresh corn on the cob.

This is how I started making c-o-t-c several years ago and it's so simple, but being old and forgetful, I well, I forgot this easier way for making corn.

I cut off a nice strip of aluminum foil and put up to three ears on it. Then I slather the corn with butter, salt, and pepper, and sprinkle some rosemary. I then wrap the foil around the ears so that the melted butter doesn leak out all over my oven. I cook it in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour, while other things are cooking. It's very, very good, and the clean up is, well, you'll see when you try it this way.

ttfn

1 comment: