Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello, I'm back

It's been a while since I've posted anything on this BLOG. I'm still eating and still cooking, although my main meals have been mostly salads such as the one described in the post immediately preceding this one.

I haven't invented any new dishes and I haven't absconded with any new dishes from Paula Deene either. I guess my repertoire of recipes is just about used up.

I have, however, decided that I like the way I prepare raw mushrooms for a garnish for dinners. Alan, of course, won't even think of eating a mushroom, if he knows it's a mushrooms. I can hide mushrooms in cooked meals, but haven't found a way to disguise it in my mushroom salad.

This is not a recipe from Runnemede per se, but I don't know where it came from, so maybe it is.

1 package of sliced mushrooms (button/white mushrooms)
1 lemon, squeezed
1 T olive oil
1 T salad seasoning (McCormick makes this, so does Kroger, but you have to really hunt for it)
1 stalk celery finely chopped
a couple of shakes of garlic salt
a couple of shakes of ground pepper (I use the coarsely ground pepper)
salt to taste (may not be necessary depending on which brand of salad seasoning you get.

NOTE: Salad seasoning is what you are looking for. It is a mixture of seasoned salt, sesame seeds, celery seed, salt, pepper, and a little bit of chili powder. But it is called "Salad Seasoning."
And I use this on many things, including as a meat rub.

That's it. Mix it all together. Let it set overnight. Shake it up occasionally so that all the mushrooms get into the marinade. I like it and I hope you do, too.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment