Friday, January 29, 2010

Am I in my right mind?

I mean, who in their right mind makes fried chicken and potato salad on a cold (15 degrees), dreary, day in January? Well, I am making that for dinner tonight.

Actually, I'm making SMASHED potato salad because I'm too lazy to peel the potatoes and cut them into itty-bitty pieces. I also smashed the eggs with the potatoes. So, they're cooling off in the fridge, and I've got the celery, green pepper, and onion chopped ready to be added to the smashed mixture.

The chicken is "marinating" and is ready to be thrown, or rather, placed gently, into the hot oil, whenever I turn on the pan containing the oil. Dinner is ready to be cooked. A real summer treat, in the middle of winter. How weird is that?

ttfn

1 comment:

  1. Hey, anything that reminds us of summer at this point isn't weird. It's just hopeful.

    ReplyDelete