Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I've hit a rut

I haven't been able to come up with anything new for weeks. Poor Alan (my husband). Tonight we had peanut pork and mac and cheese with a salad. The peanut pork didn't turn out as I had hoped, the mac and cheese wasn't as good as my mother's, and the salad was just a honeymoon salad (lettuce alone -- get it?).

I recently went on a cruise and enjoyed a lot of dishes that I wanted to duplicate. Fortunately, I was able to pick up the ship's cookbook which had a lot of the recipes I enjoyed reproduced therein. After Christmas I shall try something out of that book.

I also received an e-mail from Borden's Sweetened Condensed Milk and they have some wonderful seasonal recipes on their website http://www.eaglebrand.com.

After I've tried a couple of these, I'll let you know how they turned out. Especially of interest to me is their fruit cake and their fruit cake cookies. I used to make those cookies every Christmas, but when we moved, I lost my recipe book. The recipe on the Eagle Brands' website is a little different from my old recipe. I know, because I never used sweetened condensed milk in my recipe.

Just wanted to write something so you all knew I was still alive and cooking.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment